Sexologist Alice Child shares her top tips on edging.
What techniques do you teach people to lower their arousal?
There are a number of ways you can decrease your arousal when you feel you are ‘at the edge’!’
- Remove touch completely
- Slow down / make the touch less intense - eg turn down the setting on the vibrator, change your stroke/grip
- Touch other parts of your body / spread the energy somewhere else
- Slow deep breathing or ‘square’ breaths
- Making a loud noise on the exhale - eg a sigh / hum- helps diffuse some of the energy
- Move your body - e.g. have a shake
- Change position
- Tense and release your kegels (pelvic floor muscles)
- Visualise the sexual energy leaving your intimate area